ACADEMIC DISCIPLINES INTEGRATED INTO THE CURRICULUM
"The aim of education should be to teach us rather HOW to think, than what to think--rather to IMPROVE our minds, so as to ENABLE us to think for ourselves, than to load the memory with thoughts of other men."
Go beyond reading comprehension and worksheets: analyze and interpret literature at another level of sophistication!
Starting with four academic disciplinary approaches, Think Like A...
- other roles...PSYCHOLOGIST, Geographer, Political Scientist, Economist
Think Like A Disciplinarian…
- "roles" of the academic disciplines
- challenges gifted students to “explore the advanced & sophisticated complex concepts in the disciplines by assuming the role of different disciplinarians.” [Sandra Kaplan, Ed.D., University of Southern California]
THE KEY QUESTION:
What are the factors influencing, contributing to the event, character, setting, and/or author's style?
Using any one of the four roles noted below with the tasks found in Literature Circle ROLES, students will complete an investigation based on a character, setting, event [plot], or the author's style. [For PDF downloads, click here for my Google Page]
Using any one of the four roles noted below with the tasks found in the WORLD CAFE, students will explore and collaborate on their findings.
- WORLD CAFE (COMING SOON!)
- JIGSAW ACTIVITY [PDF]
- GALLERY WALK [PDF]
- DISCUSSION-CONVERSATIONAL ROUNDTABLE [PDF]
Online resources available to help in your investigation...